Stratego community

Full Version: # of Players Online is Inconsistent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The images I've attached show two different facts. On the first one there is no # of players info. After logging out and then back in, taking only a minute or so, you see my second image which does indeed show the # of players currently online.

Not sure why it does this, but I've seen it a lot lately. The most I recall seeing is a number in the 60's. Nothing like before.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gV74LxEbiiJQ3PUK6
Both the app and the desktop version seem to be down right now.
Barring any major surprises, they won't be coming back.
(03-01-2021 02:49 PM)administrator Wrote: [ -> ]Barring any major surprises, they won't be coming back.

Thanks for this update, that's a pitty! Any updates on a future proof solution?

Thanks in advance!
Wow. Such a bummer! I didn't know when I took those screenshots that that would be the last time I could play. I would have stayed up late and done so if I'd known.

I was hoping to return to 600 by this time, but have finished at 589. I had indeed reached 642 in the previous couple weeks in February, up from the upper 300's in November. So I will have to be satisfied with that amazing run back up, though I failed to end where I wanted, above 600.

It's all too bad. Sad Sad

Good luck to those who are working to revive the game. Smile
You can still log in, but only to play against the IA and to deal with your setups. And reading Administrator´s comments, looks like the chance of connecting to the servers has finally gone off, so I´m looking forward to having soon news from that "good progress" with that new Stratego online.
So Stratego.com is finally dead officially? I haven’t played in over a month anyway, due to a hectic work schedule. The site finally going down probably means that concrete news about an alternative isn’t too far away, so there’s that, I guess. Or perhaps, now they will possibly allow discussion of unofficial alternatives, since there is no official way to play online anymore?
Serious question: with the site apparently down for good, are the administrators going to continue to protect Stratego.com?
Perhaps a brief history about Jumbo, licenses, agreements, copyright, etc., would be very useful to understand some past and present situations and/or decisions. Do you agree?
I'm sure someone (SBN?) could provide some information. This forum has too little activity, it is not a good thing that the administrator or moderators do not even answer a yes or no question like the one above, made by one of the few active users. For those of us who only have the option of playing online this is a very sad situation.
Unfortunately, an already small community has been further dispersed over the past couple of months.
We understand the want for info. Unfortunately this is confidential and also wouldn't be of any help for the good cause.
(03-04-2021 10:01 PM)administrator Wrote: [ -> ]We understand the want for info. Unfortunately this is confidential and also wouldn't be of any help for the good cause.
Why??????????????????????????
confidentiality agreement
(Commentary deleted since a part of it had been erased from Admin)
Reference URL's