Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Migrating valueble post data from the old forum
Morx Offline
Sergeant

4 thank was given in 4 posts
Migrating valueble post data from the old forum
Hi all,

I moved some data from the old forum just by copying it into notepad plus and right clicking Copy link location on the embedded pictures and saving the link.

I had to use the Image link button around those to get the images embedded in this forum, but the result was not bad.

You can see the first results of that are the Referee test that is available here now, but I also backed up the posts about my Stratego collection from 2018, which I will post here at some point and maybe add some new posts to it as I do have a few more Stratego boxes now.

Morx
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2020 10:25 AM by Morx.)
12-22-2020 10:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sevenseas Away
Miner

3 thank was given in 3 posts
RE: Migrating valueble post data from the old forum
(12-22-2020 10:24 AM)Morx Wrote:  Hi all,

I moved some data from the old forum just by copying it into notepad plus and right clicking Copy link location on the embedded pictures and saving the link.

I had to use the Image link button around those to get the images embedded in this forum, but the result was not bad.

You can see the first results of that are the Referee test that is available here now, but I also backed up the posts about my Stratego collection from 2018, which I will post here at some point and maybe add some new posts to it as I do have a few more Stratego boxes now.

Morx

That's a good start. Don't forget to back up all of the GSFR and MT announcements from the old forum as well.
12-22-2020 01:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fairway Offline

4 thank was given in 3 posts
(12-22-2020 01:33 PM)Sevenseas Wrote:  
(12-22-2020 10:24 AM)Morx Wrote:  Hi all,

Morx

That's a good start. Don't forget to back up all of the GSFR and MT announcements from the old forum as well.

Yes. This is the most important and vital part. This is the most important thing on the entire forum. Gray said so.... it's true, believe me.
12-22-2020 06:14 PM
Nortrom Offline
Captain

10 thank was given in 10 posts
12-23-2020 03:20 PM